Stay At Home Eid Ideas!
This year’s Eid might be different, but its still SUPER important to feel the Eid spirit.
The Prophet (s) encouraged celebrations on this day and stated:
“There is an Eid for every nation and this is our Eid." (Bukhari)
I compiled some FREE ideas for inspiration! Have any more?? Comment below⬇️
1. Dress up!!! Get dressed in your best! It might seem like a lot of effort, but it will brighten up the day and make it special!
2. Have delicious treats, candy, and all the yummy junk! No rules today! Just have fun🎉
3. Baking Contest! Make sweets, and let the kids top it with as much sprinkles and frosting as they want! And pick a winner🎉
4. Chalk! Odds are that you have this around your home! Time to play hopscotch, draw pictures (contest time), and draw lines for a race.
5. DECORATE! Use construction paper, balloons, stickers, string...anything you have at home and let the kids go crazy with ideas! (Paper chains, banners, bunting, etc)
6. Treasure hunt!!! Hide the Eid gifts (or goody bags)...and plant clues to find them around the house!
7. Play Games- board games, charades, Pictionary, pretend play...it doesn’t matter! As long as you’re having fun!
8. Play Anasheed (@mydeen_magazine has a great vocals only list for those that don’t listen to tunes)
9. Bubbles! You can make your own using 2 tsp soap, 2 tsp sugar, and 1 cup water, and use any kitchen item (graters, straws, spatulas...and even fly swatters work)
10. ZOOM- encourage silat alRahm (ties of kinship) with virtual meetings of all the family you miss!
11. Crafts/color- I know..you did these in Ramadan! But there’s something about doing them while eating that makes them more fun😅
12. Set up a safe distancing Eid card/gift exchange with friends! (printable Eid cards on my website)
13. Set up a car parade! Decorate your cars, blast the anasheed, dress up, and wave to each other! (@waafiala has printable Eid flags!) Someone can even hand out goodies for the kids! (Safely!)
14. Most importantly- Say the Eid Takbeerat! Dhikr of Allah on this day is a must and will bring peace and joy to every heart💕